An applicant for admission to one of the undergraduate programs of CHSSU must satisfy the following requirements:
The applicant must submit a certified copy of the Higher Secondary School Certificate or Intermediate Certificate or the equivalent, demonstrating that s/he has satisfactorily graduated from secondary school and must arrange for other relevant certified documents, such as transcripts or detailed mark sheets, to be released to CHSSU.
Applications to Undergraduate Programs
Applications to the undergraduate programs are accepted twice a year.
Accepted Higher School Certificates for undergraduate programs:
High School Diploma, Higher Secondary School Certificate, General Certificates of Secondary Education (GCSE), Higher Secondary Certificate, Upper Secondary /Secondary School/ High School/ Senior High School Leaving Certificate, Testimonial, Secondary Education Certificate, Senior School Certificate, Matriculation Examination Certificate, SAT , WAEC , WASSCE , NECO , JAMB, BACCALAUREATE.
Documents Required for Undergraduate Application
- Application Form (click here)
- Photocopies of Higher Secondary School Certificate and transcript (mark sheets).
- One passport-sized photograph
- Photocopy of the passport (relevant page) or birth certificate
- A copy of proof of English Proficiency if any
Note: English or Turkish translations of these documents are necessary if they are in any language other than English or Turkish.
* Please note that all documentation must be submitted through an email ([email protected]) by the deadline indicated for your application to be considered for the regular selection.
Transfer student applications or associate degree holders
Students who hold an Associate Degree or a National Diploma can apply as a transfer student to the Bachelor Degree programs of the University of City İsland.
The requirements for transfer applications to UCI are as follows.
- Transfer applications should be to the 2nd, 3rd, 4th or 5th semesters. Associate Degree or National Diploma holders generally start from the 5th semester.
- Student should not have been dismissed from a University,
- All required modules should have been completed from previous classes.
- CGPA should be minimum 2.00 out of 4.00 or the equivalent.
- Application Form (click here)
- Photocopies of Higher Secondary School Certificate / Diploma and Associate Degree or a National Diploma
- Academic record / mark sheets (transcript)
- Short course descriptions
- Passport copy or birth certificate
- One photograph
Note: English or Turkish translations of these documents are necessary if they are in any language other than English.
English language proficiency
Applicants whose native language is not English must take an English language proficiency exam at CHSSU. This requirement may be waived if you have proof of proficiency (high school and college English grades, length of time in the country, DAT Reading Comprehension score, etc.).
You can request a waiver from the international relations office by emailing [email protected], but a TOEFL score may still be requested by the Admissions Committee.
Minimum scores required (internet-based)
Overall Score: 102